Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that covers the diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions. These include vision problems, injury, mild eye diseases like conjunctivitis, and also more serious eye conditions that can lead to vision loss such as macular degeneration and glaucoma.
An ophthalmologist is able to evaluate and consider your personal risk of disease, advise on the proper health screenings at the right times, and perform the appropriate medical or surgical treatment. An early visit to any of our eye specialist in PJ can help prevent vision degeneration with early detection and suitable treatment.
When To Seek Treatment
- A comprehensive eye examination at age 40 and every 2-4 years once you are above 40
- Crossed eyes or lazy eyes
- Eye pain or dry eyes
- Family history of eye disease
- Other eye related concerns
- Redness of the eye or skin around the eye, eye discharge or tearing
- Treatment of diagnosed eye diseases such as cataract and glaucoma
- Vision problems (decreased vision, floaters, flashes of light, coloured circles around lights, etc.)
- Cataract Surgery
- Eyelid Procedures
- Intravitreal Injections
- Pterygium Surgery
- Squint Surgery