An otorhinolaryngologist, better known as an ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist is the person to see to diagnose and treat conditions and disorders of the ears, nose, throat, head and neck. Our hearing, sense of smell and speech are fundamental functions of life, hence it is important to take extra care in order not to jeopardise our quality of living.
When To Seek Treatment
- If you exhibit symptoms such as nose block and bleeds and neck swelling. This could be an indication of nasopharyngeal carcinoma which is commonly seen in the Malaysian population. A nasal endoscope will be able to detect the cancer early.
- If you have a prolonged sore throat or hoarseness in your voice; experience frequent reflux; notice a lump in your mouth or throat; have bad breath, dry mouth or tongue ulcers.
- If you have an ear infection; experience hearing loss, dizziness, or ringing in the ears; have pain or a lump in the neck area; or any other ear, face or neck discomfort
- If you notice any growth, swelling or pain around your head or neck area.
- If you often find yourself breathing through the mouth; having sleep or speech difficulty; or experiencing allergies, headaches and migraines.
- Adenotonsillectomy (Selected Cases)
- Excisional Biopsy (Neck Lesions)
- Nasal Cautery
- Removal of Foreign Body
- Removal of Ear Wax
- Tongue Tie Surgery