Fertility specialists help couples conceive when the natural course of conception has been challenging. The key elements that can cause infertility include age, previous surgery to reproductive organs (removal of cysts, testicular torsion or trauma), history of cancer or chemotherapy, history of painful periods or diagnosis of endometriosis.
An evaluation by our fertility specialist can help determine the underlying cause and offer possible treatment options.
When To Seek Treatment
- If you have been trying to conceive:
- for the past 12 months if the female partner is younger than 36 years of age
- for the past 6 months if the female partner is 36 years of age or older.
- If you are 40 or older as quality and quantity of eggs drop, and the risk for miscarriage is greater
- If you are interested in preserving your fertility with egg or embryo freezing
- If you have a chronic or long lasting medical condition such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, genetic disorder or thyroid condition
- If you have irregular and/or painful periods or if you have been diagnosed with PCOS or endometriosis
- If you have had two or more miscarriages
- If you have no period, irregular periods, or heavy bleeding
- If the male partner has trouble achieving or maintaining an erection
Visit our fertility centre at Sunway Specialist Centre Damansara today.